Times. July 20, 2004. Available online: URL: http://www. loni.ucla.edu/~thompson/ MEDIA/METH/nytMETH.htm. Downloaded June 2006.
32. Sato, M., C.C. Chen, K. Akiyama, and S. Otsuki. "Acute Exacerbation of Paranoid Psychotic State After Long-term Abstinence in Patients with Previous Methamphetamine Psychosis," Biological Psychiatry 4 (April 18, 1983): 429-440.
33. The National Association of Counties. "The Criminal Effect of Meth onCommuni-ties." Political/Congressional Transcript Wire. July 5, 2005.
34. Johnston, L. D., P. M. O'Malley, J. G. Bachman, and J.E. Schulenberg. "Monitoring the Future: National Results on Adolescent Drug Use: Overview of Key Findings, 2005." NIH Publication No. 065882. Bethesda, Md.: National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2006.
35. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Office of Applied Studies. Wright, D., and N. Sathe. "State Estimates of Substance Use from the 2003-2004 National Surveys on Drug Use and Health." DHHS Publication No. SMA 06-4142, NSDUH Series H-29, Rockville, Md., 2006.
36. Manisses Communications Group, Inc. "Athletes Targeting Healthy Exercise and Nutrition
Alternatives," Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Weekly 16, 47 (December 13, 2004): 6.
37. Goode, Erich. Drugs in American Society. 4th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, Inc., 1993.
38. The National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse at Columbia University (CASA). "National Survey of American Attitudes on Substance Abuse XI: Teens and Parents." New York: 2006.
39. The National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse at Columbia University (CASA). "National Survey of American Attitudes on Substance Abuse VI: Teens." New York: 2001.
40. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Office of Applied Studies. "Treatment Episode Data Set (TEDS). Highlights-2004. National Admissions to Substance Abuse Treatment Services." DASIS Series: S-31, DHHS Publication No. (SMA) 06-4140, Rockville, Md., 2006.
41. Library of Congress. "Senate Report 109-293 (FY 2007 HIDTA and other programs)." Available online. URL: http://thomas.loc.gov. Downloaded on August 28, 2006.
42. Zimmer, L., and J.P. Morgan. Marijuana Myths, Marijuana Facts: A Review of the Scientific Evidence. The Lindesmith Center, 1997.
43. UCLA Integrated Substance Abuse Programs: Methamphetamine. Available online. URL: http://www.meth-
amphetamine.org/html/treat-ment.html. Downloaded on April 24, 2007.
44. National Association of State Alcohol and Drug Abuse Directors. "2005 Fact Sheet: Methamphetamine." Available online. URL: http://www. nasdad.org/resource.php?doc_ id=315. Downloaded on April 24, 2007.
45. Iowa Consortium for Substance Abuse Research and Evaluation. "Iowa Project: Year Six Report (September 2004)." Available online. URL: http:// www.idph.state.ia.us/bh/com-mon/pdf/substance_abuse/sa_ oms_report.pdf. Downloaded on April 24, 2007.
46. University of CaliforniaLos Angeles (UCLA). "First Human Tests Of Antidepressant Bupropion As Methamphetamine Addiction Treatment Hold Promise." Available online. URL: http:// www.sciencedaily.com. Posted on November 29, 2005.
47. Marshall, Lisa. "Alternative Clinics Offer Holistic Ways to Beat Addiction." Alternative Medicine (July/August 2006): 65-70.
48. National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA). "Mind Over Matter: Methamphetamine." Available online. URL: http:// teens.drugabuse.gov/mom/ mom_meth1.asp. Updated on June 14, 2006.
49. National Institute ofJustice. "2000 Annual Report on Drug Use Among Adult and Juvenile
Arrestees, Arrestees Drug Abuse Monitoring Program (ADAM)." NCJ 193013, April 2003. Also available online. URL: http:// www.ojp.usdoj.gov/nij/adam/ welcome.html. Downloaded on August 14, 2006.
50. Office of National Drug Control Policy. "National Drug Control Strategy." Available online. URL: http://www.white-housedrugpolicy.gov/publica-tions. Downloaded August 2006.
51. Political/Congressional Transcript Wire. "U.S. representative Mark Souder (R-IN) holds a hearing on programs to treat victims of metham-phetamine addiction." 2006 Congressional Quarterly. June 29, 2006.
52. Genetic Engineering News. "BioMarket Trends," Available online. URL: http://www. genengnews.com/articles/ chitem.aspx?aid=1820&chid=0. Posted on August 1, 2006.
53. State Department of the United States, Bureau for International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs. "2006 International Narcotics Control Strategy Report." Available online. URL: http://www.state.gov/p/inl/ rls/nrcrpt/2006/. Downloaded August 2006.
54. U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA). "Federal Trafficking Penalties."Available online. URL: http://www.dea. gov. Downloaded on August 14, 2006.
Continue reading here: Web Sites
Was this article helpful?