Phenotypes Pink recessive and White dominant

Phenolype Genotype

F2 - (White- and pink-pistil plants)

25% Pink pp

75% White P

This 75% can be broken down into 2 genotyp-ic classes, PP and Pp.

When we cross Pp x Pp plants, we get three possible combinations of genotypes. 25% PP, 50% Pp, 25% pp,

Therefore we know the 75% white pistil plants are actually 50% Pp + 25% PP, for a total of 75%,

Recessive: an intra-allelic interaction such that an allele of one parent is masked by the presence of an allele from the other parent plant, in the expression of a given trait in the progeny. The recessive trait is not shown in the first generation of progeny (Fl) but will reappear if siblings are mated, and the F2 progeny will result in 25% plants showing the recessive condition.

Dominant: an intra-allelic interaction such that the presence of an allele of one parent masks the presence of an allele from another parent plant, in the expression of a given trait in the progeny. Only the dominant trail is shown in the first generation of offspring. Of the F2 generation, 75% will also show the dominant condition.

Growing Soilless

Growing Soilless

This is an easy-to-follow, step-by-step guide to growing organic, healthy vegetable, herbs and house plants without soil. Clearly illustrated with black and white line drawings, the book covers every aspect of home hydroponic gardening.

Get My Free Ebook


Post a comment